Monday, September 01, 2008

Hey, Teresa, pay attention!

As a participant in Frank Lutz's focus group, Teresa, a Hillary delegate to the DNC said:

"I always thought he was a moderate...You know, I change my mind almost every day, but right now I"m wondering where the John McCain I really liked in 2000 went, what happened to the moderate?"
HELLO, Teresa! John McCain has always been a conservative, and he's always been upfront about it. He has NEVER been a moderate. Back in 2000, I was one who expressed admiration for him because he seemed like the real deal although I disagreed with him on nearly every issue.

It's time for these Hillary supporters who are uncertain about their vote to ask themselves what they really believe in. It's fine if you're worried about Obama's thin experience. But DO NOT blame him or the media for Clinton's loss. I'm not saying there wasn't sexism in the media coverage, or that there wasn't a level of fawning over Barack. But Clinton sunk her own boat by having a mismanaged, poorly run campaign.

Just as it's not productive to keep talking about Florida in 2000 because Gore would have won anyway if he had only carried his home state, Clinton had such an advantage going in that it's meaningless to talk about how close the primary campaign was. She should have won early and so handily that there would have been no contest by April.

So, Teresa, please try just a bit to get past personalities, and look at what the candidates will do if they get into office. It's all there on their web sites.

Sphere: Related Content

No comments: