I don't know how I got on these fundamentalist Christian email lists, but no way will I unsubscribe! I wonder what Moses thinks of all this.
Dear follower of God’s Commandments:
Thank you for being salt and light in a dark world, and setting the example in your community for living by the Word of God.
While you are busy ministering to the poor and needy, I must share an important message with you.
On May 6th, The Ten Commandments Commission is celebrating its Second Annual Ten Commandment’s Day nationally, and I want to make you aware of the important role you can have in your community during this historic event.
Last year, the First Annual Ten Commandments Day was celebrated nationally, and its activities were broadcasted with the assistance of many of our nation’s largest ministries and greatest leaders who doing there part to keep America as “One Nation Under God.”
Among the many leaders who have demonstrated support for our efforts or have signed the Ten Commandments Proclamation last year are: Dr. Mark Chirrona, Dr. David Clark, Chuck Colson, Dr. James Dobson, Dr. Jerry Falwell, Dr. Ron Hembree, Pastor John Hagee, Dr. D. James Kennedy, Rabbi Daniel Lapin, Bishop Eddie Long, Dr. Myles Munroe, Pastor Rod Parsley, Tony Perkins, Pastor Glenn Plummer, Dr. Richard Roberts, Rev. Pat Robertson, Jerry Rose, Jay Sekulow, Steve Strang, Don Wildmon and many more.
These brave leaders are working towards reestablishing the Ten Commandments to its paramount position in Western Civilization. They understand that God’s moral law is not only a profile of His character, but also a moral mirror to show humans where we have fallen short in honoring Him.
Will you join us in the effort to stop America from falling short?
The Ten Commandment’s Commission was formed in 2005 by a diverse group of leaders who seek to take this challenge to our fellow citizens. Hundreds of Thousands of devoted citizens have joined us since.
Unfortunately, our country is now filled with people who ignore these commandments everyday. They have chosen to fall short, to degrade themselves and to degrade our society.
Therefore, as we witness the decay of society, we must come together in a spirit of unity, harmony and reconciliation in order to bring the Word of God back to the forefront of our national conscience.
We are already working with community organizations, churches and synagogues to promote the tenets of the Ten Commandments, on the first Sunday in May and year-round.
You and your church can participate in this national celebration by:
- Using your pulpit to deliver sermons expressing the importance of the Ten Commandments to preserve our society and the need to bring them back to the heart and soul of the nation were they belong. We can provide you with sermons and teaching materials that have been provided courtesy of the Heritage Studies Institute.
- Encouraging everyone to wear the Ten Commandments Pin. It is a powerful display of unity and reverence for God's Word. On that day, we encourage everyone to wear the Ten Commandments Pin that we have made available through our website http://TenCommandmentsCommission.org/pin.php or by calling 800-864-1205.
- Setting an example to your parishioners by signing the Ten Commandment’s Day Proclamation on their pulpit which encourages the U.S. Congress to recognize the first Sunday in May as a national holiday. Pastors are also encouraged to invite their members to partake in these efforts. The example of the pastor signing the proclamation is the most effective message to send your flock. Proclamations and signing sheets will be available to your church in advance.
- Adding the name of your church to the list of participating churches in the nation. We will inform the media of your participation and have your church recognized in all of our materials nationally and on our website
- Sharing this information with your friends, family and fellow pastors who may be interested in participating in this exciting event.
Like you, I believe that no civilized society or government can exist successfully without the recognition, acceptance and adherence to moral law and the standard for value judgment—The Ten Commandments. The United States was founded on these principles and our Founding Fathers accepted the Judeo-Christian tenets as the pillars of the American legal system.
This effort can only succeed with the help of caring people like you, who are willing to open their heart and help promote God’s Commandments.
Will you and your church join in the celebration this year?
Click here to receive to receive your more information immediately.
Already hundreds of thousands of people have signed our proclamation (http://TenCommandmentsCommission.org/petition.php) to support our efforts. They understand its value to a generation of people who would rather live in sin.
Please let me know if you would like more information on the activities planned for May 6th. Your efforts are the next steps towards preserving the Word of God and ensuring our country remains “One Nation Under God.”
May He continue to hold you and guide you with His strong, right hand and lead you in the path of righteousness for His namesake.
Dr. Ron Wexler
Founder & President
P.S. Like you, I am a person of faith who accepts my obligation to stand up for God and I urge you to join me in spreading His Word this May 6th, (http://TenCommandmentsCommission.org/join_3.php) --America needs you.
Ten Commandments Commission
P.O. Box 811437
Boca Raton, Florida 33481-2527